About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

August 1, 2019

We Were Sailing!

Position.  N  60 d 41.79. Sheep Bay
                W 145 d 56.21

Once we got out of our Bay this morning we started clocking 13 knot winds.  We had to negotiate some shallows so we only put the main up at first.  But it jumped our speed up by a knot and a half and we were eager to get out of the shallows between Goose Island and Gull Islands so we could set the rest of the sails and give the donkey a rest.  We were going great for a little while and then we got in the lee of Hinchinbrook Island and our winds dropped.  We dropped back to just the main and got the engine going again.  Sahlin waterfalls is not that impressive.  Kind of pretty and would be stunning anywhere else.  But we are getting spoiled with the beauty that is Alaska.  We will probably hang here for another day and do some dinghy exploring before heading off to Cordova

No comments:

Post a Comment