About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

February 17, 2017

Snow Day

We are having another snow storm.  Seward had not seen this much snow in recent years.  There are more areas opened up for snow machines in the Chugach National Forest.  They are even organizing a local dog mushing event, the last of which was maybe 4 years ago.  Lots of skiing, tobogganing, ice skating for the kids too.  Yeah, just when we are spending the winter here, it snows.  Well, we are coping pretty well and loving the beauty of the snow and it is not too cold and unbearable.  Today, we had around 18 inches of snow in about a 20 hour period.  The last snow storm we had, it dropped around 24 inches.

Pauline took some pictures from the hotel this morning.

view of the boats in the boat harbor

a close up of the juvenile eagle sitting on top of a mast

look at the pile of snow in the foreground




No comments:

Post a Comment