About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 25, 2016

Friends and Family Visitors

Well, we have been busy.  On Tuesday we had Jackie McMahon and Kaity from Guam stayed the night with us.  They were off early the next day on a kayaking trip and we went to pick up a majority share of the Rileys.  Chris, Tom, Megan, and Brendan made it but the older offsprings are now married and doing their own thing so couldn't make the trip.

So far we have done the wildlife refuge, Seward town, a glacier cruise complete with lots of whales (even an Orca), sea lions, puffins, a bear and a calving glacier.


The Riley family



Humpback whale


At Aialik Glacier

sea lions basking in the sun

puffins on the cliff


We have just arrived in Talkeetna and looking for Mount Denali.

No comments:

Post a Comment