About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

April 10, 2016

Work - a week to go

We have a week left at work.  Then it is play and get ready for our return to Seward, Alaska where Sari Timur sits patiently waiting.

We had an interesting time at the factory where we work.  An eye-opener and quite different from what we were used to back in Singapore.  We want to express our appreciation to the management and staff with whom we worked.   They helped us find our way around and showed us the ropes to work effectively.  We were offered jobs if we need one the next time we're back in the area.  They even gave us thank you notes and some gift cards!  This is an assembly job and we are only temps sent from an agency so the company didn't have to do that but it is really good to feel appreciated for our work.  Thank you, Stanco Metal Products for what you've done!  And thank you to the agency (Workforce) for sending us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment