About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

October 11, 2015

Another Visitor

We just had Mark's cousin Steve Sobol come for a visit.  Mark and Steve have only met each other a few times in their lives but always enjoy getting together.  Steve does a lot of projects in Alaska so hopefully this will be the first of many visits.  We also hope to bump into his mom next weekend when we head to Florida and his brother when we hit Ft. Lauderdale.

We went to the Alaska Sea Life Center with him and out to Exit Glacier.  It was raining when we got there, so we will have to hike up the glacier next time when the weather is better.  We also took Steve out by the bike path to show him the whale and the sea otters.  The whale was a bit too far away to photograph but at least he saw it


Steve and Exit Glacier

No comments:

Post a Comment