About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

July 3, 2015

We Have Left Attu


Position N 52 d 30.222
  Still E 176 d 00.734

Well we finally had a weather window and shot out of Attu.  The winds we from the Northwest at first and blowing pretty strong but as they were from behind we could use them and were broad reaching at high sixes and low sevens.  We even touched 8 knots at one point.  That's when I knew we had to shorten sail!

Anyway the wind is lightening now and veering so it is a bit more on the beam at present.  A little less comfortable but the autopilot likes it better.  It is 1 am and we still have just under 80 to go before we hit Kiska.  The wind is supposed to continue lightening and veering.  Let's hope it holds off on both for a little longer.  We are still making mid 5s at preasent so if we can keep it up will be in Kiska before 4 this afternoon.  Fingers crossed!

Post Script I have waited until 0730 to send this and yes the wind has veered.  Our arrival will be late

No comments:

Post a Comment