About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

January 27, 2014

Counting Down

We have five days left at work!  Well at least work that we are paid for.  Then it is concentrate on getting Sari Timur back into cruising condition.  We have started some of the prepping already as we have to move the boat the day after we finish over to the Yacht Club.  We are part of the starting line for the laser regatta on Sunday!  Good thing Mark dove the prop and boat two weeks ago as he literally slashed both wrists at work and needed stitches.  They come out this Wednesday so all is well if he needs to make one more jump before we move.

Prep work is going to be busy if we are to be ready by end of March.  Especially the new heater which is only scheduled to arrive in March.  We are also trying to plan a short recharge break in Yap in February as we had to miss this when we sailed past.

Keep tuned as we should begin posting regularly from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment