About Me

My photo
Alaska, United States
I am owned by Pauline and Mark Blasky. My hull was built at the Duncan Marine Yard in Taiwan and launched in Dec of 1980. It is a William Garden design based on the Pixie Design and called by Duncan Marine a Freedom 45. They are the fourth owners and have owned me the longest. They have done extensive refitting to me including replacing my entire deck structure and rig. My masts are roughly 10% taller than original and now are made of aluminium as opposed to the original wood ones, which, though pretty, were always problematic. You can read more about me under "MORE ABOUT SARI TIMUR"

June 13, 2012

Kid's Optimist Sailing Class

Hey the MYC just ran a 5 day Optimist Class for the kids.  It was taught by Cindy Bell.  But me as the laze around doing nothing club member got conscripted to volunteer to help.  We had 16 kids from 6 to 14 years old and they all did well and had a ball.  We also got some help from some other members part time and with out them the two of us would have been probably suicidal.  Instead it turned into a great five day program and all the kids were sailing by themselves by the end of the course.  One of the parents took a lot of photos and put them on a CD for us.  Pretty impressive about 300 pictures of smiling kids having a ball learning.  Thanks Cindy and the club for volunteering me into this active service!  Also thankyou to the tropical depression that decided to split into two and slow down enough to let us finish the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment